2007-04-22

Verbrack Released

When I was learning Italian -- and later Spanish -- I needed a way to drill verbs. The kind of speed and dexterity you get when you learn the "tables" is okay, but I wanted something a bit better for my head. And I knew -- and this was correct -- that in everyday conversations no one is going to wait for you to conjugate verbs. You have to have all verbs in all common tenses in all pronouns ready to go at all times.

So that was like 1996 and I made a software "machine" to help me. Instead of describing it to people, I built a new one using Macromedia Flex (the data is in XML, so if anybody wants more languages let me know). It's the Verbrack and it's the best way to drill verbs. It's really not that boring, but if people start using it (I'm watching with Google Analytics) I'll make it better.

So check it out here and see if you find it useful for your Spanish or Italian learning. Let me know if you want me to make any modificiations to the machine or add any languages.

No comments: