2007-04-26

Moving Ahead

This is really hard to figure out: is it better to use my laptop in dual-monitor mode with my external monitor, or should I just use the external monitor and forget about the laptop screen. Why would I do this? Because the keyboard for the laptop just gets in the way.

But this post is not about technology, although lemme mention a few quick things: first of all, Pandora (www.pandora.com) is annoying because I cannot say WHY I don't like certain music. In my electronic station, for instance (I put a link for that here in one past article; I'll have to separate out the links soon) I don't want ANY "trance" music, meaning basically that if it's above a certain BPM I don't want it. Using the "thumbs up/down" technology of Pandora, I can neve specify that, and trance songs just keep creeping back in.

And while I'm on about technology, I'm comparing a Panaonic wet/dry razor with a Norelco (say Phillips) one. And I'm beginning to think that perhaps my father is right: Norelco really does scratch up your face less, but the thingers spin so SLOWLY.

But back to tango!

So I've been following my plan of moving the focus back to classes and more classes. I've been taking a lot of classes in DNI and I have to say that I really like them. I'm not positive but I think that aside from Pablo and Dana I'm taking classes with all the tango teachers in DNI. I really do like all of them, and I'm very picky. They all see different flaws in my dancing, which is the point, and they're all very intelligent and quite relaxed, even with difficult questions.

I'm also doing a lot of classes at Copello with Jose and Viky, and since they're in Bariloche this week, Cecilia Gonzalez (diva!) and partner (not Saucedo, her real dance partner) will be teaching. They're great too... there are a lot of great dance instructors in Buenos Aires.

So anyway, my dance is getting way better, and my balance and caminata are too. And I went to Práctica X the other night and danced okay, and I'm beginning to feel the woman better and my weight is nicely forward and all that stuff. And the up-down stuff and medio-peso stuff from DNI is really paying off.

So it's time to get some vocabulary (repetoire, if you will).

Now I'll need to get into how to describe dance steps and I know that there are some pretty standard notations in ballroom, and I hope to learn those [then I started researching this topic, and Blogger lost all of this post... luckily, I backed up the text]... and then I'll need to figure out a way to get the notation online, because I will NOT be keeping a stupid notebook of dance steps. Although maybe a notebook is the way to go. This could be interesting.

No comments: