2007-03-31

Stuck in Bariloche


Well, I realize that it's not about tango, but right now I have no readers (thanks to Google Analytics, we can find out everything!) so what's the difference?

I'm stuck in Bariloche with a pretty good wifi connection and I'm at the Grand Hotel Bariloche waiting for information about my delayed flight to Buenos Aires. To the right is the view from my hotel room when I had a hotel room here. But now that I was travelling to Villa L'Angostura and San Martín de los Andes, I'm well checked out.

In fact, I got to the airport (I'm travelling with my parents, in fact) and the flight was delayed from 22.00 to 3.00 in the morning on LAN (codeshare with Aerolíneas Argentinas). So now we're doing time at the hotel, but we still have the car. ABA Car Rental in Bariloche was great, 225 pesos for 3 days and 600 kilometers.

The trip was really cool with a lot of beautiful stuff. After deciding to rent a car the morning of our first full day (our flight in got very delayed too), we saw Cerro Catedral which is one of the most important ski areas around. Cute stuff. Then on day two we headed to Villa L'Angostura (very green lake, but if you don't rent a boat what's the point?), and then headed on to San Martín (nice pretty town, merits a morning unless you have the entire day to do a boat trip... hey if we had known how delayed the flight was, we could've taken the all-day boat trip).

I'll try to put up an album of photos later today.

On Tango
This last weekend was great, including a visit from Kathalina on Sunday who brought me to a cool class that I had never seen before (with a práctica afterwards, really cool). The class is Tango Discovery with Carla Marano and Ana Carla Romera, from 21 to 22 hours at Malabia 1738 1ºPiso. It was great, because we did front sacadas, then we did back sacadas, and then we even did a figure with those. Hard going but fun stuff. If I hadn't gone travelling I would've gotten to practice some of that stuff... still looking forward to it.

No comments: