2007-03-17

Never Made It: On Dating Dancers

Well, last night I ended up watching dance, and then at a dinner with all dancers talking about dance. Then I came home and slept with a dancer (my girlfriend, to be honest). But I did not go dancing at all. Which just demonstrates what I've been figuring out at least since 2003: if you want to date bailarinas de tango (it was with salsa before, in Madrid), that's your problem. But (at least as a male "lead") it will distract you from dancing as much or more as dating non-dancers. This is true unless the woman is learning just like you are.

The Ballet Folklórico Nacional Argentino was great last night, and I did video a lot of the thing (with all of the LEDs on the videocam turned off :]). Hopefully today or tomorrow I'll post some of that stuff to my Esnips account and I'll put a link here. Al mismo tiempo, I hope to start including photos here. First I'll have to start shooting more photos, but God knows I have the tecnhnology.

So what's up for tonight. I will not fail. 100% for sure I will be in Copello for Tango 2. And now that I looked at it, DNI has Tango 3 at 7pm. And if you think about it, walking from DNI to Copello is about a 15-20 minute affair (which could be bused on a 151 or 168, perhaps). So I'll start with those two classes today, and then I'll see if I can go someplace that I like better than Bien pulenta in Sabor a tango (supposedly "the place to be" on Saturday nights). Bien pulenta is really cool to see the show on Saturdays, but for dancing unless you're pretty good it's un embole. There's something about the space, the dancers... I don't know, maybe I'll check it out again. I've only been asking random women to dance for about a week now.

No comments: