2008-02-14

Tango at Canning on Thurdsay Midday?

It's been a crazy tango ride recently. I've been faithfully attending Practica X on Tuesdays, and I've been at Malcom a few times (www.tangocool.com) and I've made it to the Viruta a bunch of times too. PracticaX is probably the coolest scene in the entire world in Tango, in my opinion, because it's a relaxed atmosphere where there are some of the best dancers in the world (and some of the worst).

The places I'm studying at the most are DNI, which I still like, Copello, and... oh yeah, I started studying privately with the BEST private teacher in Buenos Aires for my taste, Cecilia Gonzalez ("no la famosa, la otra") who is turning my tango around (slowly but surely... if you want to get in touch with her, send me a comment here and I'll respond to you personally).

Adrian and Yanina's course on Wednesday nights in Copello on Milonga (at 21.00) is great, but I can't study much in Copello because of some historical issues (basically they fired everyone and then all the bonos expired). Ah, if I manage it I want to get to Grisel on Saturday's to study with Alejandro y Marisol (man, if my chica would come with me it'd be amazing).

On Monday nights at 19.30 I'm at Tango Brujo in the body movement class or whatever it's called. It's a great class to get your movement together. Cecilia (not my private teacher), who teaches the class with Santiago (go for his English if nothing else), also teaches on Thurdsays at Canning at 15.30 and then they have a free práctica. The práctica is BRILLIANT, although there were only 8 people in total... but I got to dance a lot, and got to meet the other teacher, Magdalena, who is brilliant. I'll probably go to the class next week and not just the práctica, but it would be better with a partner.

Anyway, I know you're out there so if anybody has any questions or aspects of Tango here in Buenos Aires they want me to investigate/talk about (or both), I'd be glad to.

In the meantime, if I don't write much... I'm promoting my brother's product DVDs4theSAT, which is a full-length SAT Test Prep Course on DVDs for use in your DVD player (computer not required). He's probably one of the best SAT tutors in the country (I mean, the US), and he put a lot of love into it. It's a great product and I hope to get it to make big money so I can dedicate myself to being a rent-a-tango-partner :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a very informative blog on tango and this is a great read! Thanks for bringing back all of my fond tango memories of BA and DNI! You can count me as one more new reader! Keep writing and keep dancing!

B