2008-02-20

DNI Midday on Saturday, Tan Piola on Saturday, PracticaX on Tuesday

Thanks to B for the anonymous comment about my blog! I'm glad people are out there and enjoying it.

I haven't been that active recently, but two things are of note: the first is that on Friday I had a class with Cecilia Gonzalez, who is doing some of the organization of Lady's Tango Week (she works with Johana Copes) and the class was great. Then after we walked down to where Lady's Tango Week is being held, where we hung out with Miguel "Negro" Romero, who is one of the organizers of Tan Piola (you have to live in Argentina for a long time to care who you hung out with and what important thing they do, I think). Anyway, nice guy, but the point is that I was going to go to Tan Piola on Saturday night anyway.

DNI at Midday on Saturday
I love Hector and Silvina and the class was pretty cool, but the women were either dancing with other women (just one), or dancing with their boyfriends (I know, I should say dance partners, but that just wasn't the base) or they just weren't that good. But whatever, classes go up and down: DNI is generally better in terms of demographic than other places.

Tan Piola on Saturday Night
Was amazing. It was expensive--20 pesos--but there were three couples who danced: Alejandra Mantinian y Gabriel Missé, Guillermina Quiroga y Roberto Reis (el cachorro to everybody here) and Maricel Giocomini y Maximiliano Cristiani (www.maxiymaricel.com). Maxi and Maricel were my first Tango teachers, so that was cool, and I really liked Gabriel Missé and Guillermina Quiroga. They would make a great couple, I think, although Alejandra Mantinian and El Cachorro were great too. Anyway, it was hard to tell because I watched everything from above and that changes your perspective (hopefully I'll put a photo in here soon). The point is that the show was amazing: they did three sets in which each couple danced one "number." These are probably some of the best/most-well-liked people in Tango no-moderno, and it was a sight to behold.

PracticaX Tuesday
Information exchange in Argentina is folkloric as usual, so people got confused and went to PracticaX last night when in fact the show they wanted to see is next week. It was amazing: great people, great vibe, and a decent amount of space. Now that I've been doing Tango for over a year, I also know a ton of people, which is fun. Although my cynical side cannot accept it, I really like PracticaX.


Daniel Rosenstark
www.DVDs4theSAT.com
SAT tutoring you can rewind

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.