2007-10-05

Still Rocking On, But Very Little Blogging Again

I'm still in Buenos Aires and still doing a lot of tango classes, and still liking the prácticas better than the milongas. Why? Space. Dancing in a phone booth in the geriatric ward is fun, but it's just not my way of seeing Tango. At the same time, I don't like how Chicho dances, either. My chica would definitely feel nauseous if she saw this (does she know I have a blog? does anyone?) but I think some of the coolest people out there really are Pablo and Dana. Yeah, I know, it's hard to take that the same people that are getting all the spotlight are really that good.

But my respect for Pablo and Dana goes beyond that. I am even impressed with the empresa that they've made here. I like taking classes with (almost) all the teachers/dancers at DNI, and I like how they dance. I've been at Tango Brujo, Carlos Copello, and Mora Godoy, and none of those places have a central technique that they are teaching. None of those places have the teachers watching each others' classes. And none of those places has the student loyalty that DNI has.

Anyway, enough for now. I'm going to Jose and Viky's last class. Depending on the students, their classes range from okay to great. And seeing as the 13 pesos include the práctica, it's worth it.

Here are the times for the guys who took 3rd place in the Campeonato, Maxi y Maricel:

Miércoles Viérnes Sábado y Domingo 20.30 Anchorena y Zelaya (where Práctica X is!).

I'll check them out while Jose and Viky are out on tour in Europe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep on blogging for those who may find your blog informative. I have only read a few entries....but I wanted to ask you to continue.... And I also wanted to know what "DNI" is and where that is. I am looking for practicas in B.A. for traditional tango as opposed to nuevo tango where I can walk-in just to go for three weeks and people are open to visitors. I read in your blog that there were a lot of women at one practice... It is always the case? Thanks, Dan.